February 22, 2007

Calexico!



I just smiled and smiled. Up the front, there was a small altercation with some talking people near the start, but really, it was smiles. I really love this band and without exception, all their output.

They played several songs from Garden Ruin, but also tracks from Spoke, and Feast of Wire ('Across The Wire' and 'Sunken Waltz' and 'Not Even Stevie Nicks' and 'Guero Canelo'), and 'Alone Again Or', and when I told Joey how I hadn't realised that that was a cover, he touched my arm again and said thanks.

I stood about afterward, and Joey Burns came and talked to me. I smiled. I chastised the double bass player about the poor merch selection, and sifted backstage to add John Convertino's signature to my purchases.

UPDATE! I found the setlist for last night. And I just spent over $100 on merch. Yusssss And check out the tour diary entry on NZ. It is so refreshing to be starstruck.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! yay! i'm so glad it was a smiles type experience. i know when i've seen them it's been the same way. makes me jealous that i missed them this time around in welly!

xom

7:25 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

TWO ENCORES!

7:58 pm  
Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

Hey thanks for comment, they posted a set list so I used it. It was truly a great show, just excellent musicians. Enjoy your blog too!

11:32 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Cheers Wayne!

5:04 am  

Post a Comment