November 18, 2007

hypermarché

Yesterday, Ange, Rin and I went to Coquelles for the day. We went on a bus, which went on a train, under the English Channel. Quite strange really. It was a good day, although we needn't have been in France - we could have been anywhere.

Next weekend there are various birthday and engagement festivities planned. The following weekend, I head to Scotland to take in the sights of Glasgow in Jane's company, and perhaps also check out an infrequent club night in some ancient caves beneath Edinburgh. Rin, Ange and I descend upon Amsterdam the weekend after, for some compulsory exploration, and them I have one further weekend in London before we all head over to Tuscany for Christmas and New Year.

Lest January become dull, I have a week in Turkey at the end of the month. I'll spend a few days in Istanbul with Libby and Guy, then see what's happening in Antalya.

There was a long delay at the tunnel terminal. I passed an hour looking through 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, gaining inspiration for heightened music collecting. More, more. The book made we want to relisten to lots of the listed albums which I already own, with the White Stripes' Elephant taking first honours.

After going for a run this morning, I spent the day in horizontal mode on the sofa kicking back through four episodes of Outrageous Fortune season one. I think it might be my favourite tv show ever. I also want to buy Spaced and Flight of the Conchords. TV series on dvd is the way forward, particularly as the days shrink and the cold settles in.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Yay for plans! I was beginning to wonder what you were getting up to...

We must try and go for a drink before I go to NZ. Yes.

And hurrah for boxsets! I'm a BBC documentary nut, me. But I have a fair old stash of comedy too.

3:21 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Having just gone three (I thought it was four, but just realised I added wrong) weeks without drinking... yes! Haha.

10:12 pm  
Blogger mlove said...

ok, i'm so jealous of your travels. but you must promise to try to be around in march! i should arrive on 9 march... staying a month...

i bought series 1 & 2 of outrageous fortune 'for my brother' - and he will get them, but i certainly watched them first! loving series 3...

spaced is fantastic. soo good.

love ya!

12:41 am  
Blogger Omykiss said...

Your plans reminded me of how easy .. and cheap ... it is to move around europe. New Zealand's a great country but it's so far to anywhere from here .... and expensive! Suddenly, i miss europe. Sigh!

10:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Spaced. I must obtain season 2.

-Lisa

10:41 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

You really must!! It's excellent. I can't wait to see it all again.

And - would you believe - the UK has a copy of Outrageous! It's called Honest, and is virtually identical, aside from the location. Pretty weird!

11:34 am  

Post a Comment