September 16, 2007

the last day before the first day

The weather in London has been lovely lately. I went on a cruise on the Thames last week, on a perfect sunny afternoon, made interesting by the rather dry commentary on board.

It's Sunday, and I had a bit of a late night last night checking out the Bad Robots at Barfly in Camden (lots of fun), and what I'm getting at is that my mind is working in bullet points.

Audrey introduced me to Nathan Barley, which is quite hilarious. Although I must watch the last two episodes again as I was just about comatose on the couch at the time. Oh, in London we say "sofa".

I saw Eagle vs Shark last week too - very funny. I stumbled upon Lily's myspace page, good for a laugh. As has been said, it is Napoleon Dynamite style humour, and like Napoleon, Jarrod doesn't seem to have any redeeming features at all. Lily, you have a heart of gold.

Today is the last day before the first day of my new job. Anything could happen.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tomatohead said...

"and it could be right now."

Good luck with the new job. This means paid holidays and earning money in the ALMIGHTY Pound.

Wowee, new adventures, woman.

6:52 pm  
Blogger ANNA said...

Congrats on the job, sis. I saw Eagle vs. Shark recently too [with about 10 other librarians!] and loved it. But I do wonder how anyone not of Kiwi origin might view most of the characters' tendency to be really thick - in their own special quirky way. Will NZers be judged?

9:23 am  

Post a Comment