October 28, 2007

today we put our clocks back

Hey there, yes to those who've enquired, I'm still alive. It's been a while for a few reasons. I've been staying in the lounges of my sisters for ten weeks, and for the last three I've been offline. This afternoon I made the move from one end of the Victoria line to the other, to my home for the next four weeks. I'm subletting Lisa's room while she experiences Africa.

After two and a half months traveling, and two and a half months dossing, the thing I'm most anticipating is the opportunity to close a door between myself and the world. What a luxury.

I've been collecting book titles lately; I'm looking forward to reading the sequel to Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth - World Without End, and also The Shadow of the Silk Road, by Colin Thubron. But what's occupying me at the moment is Gregory David Roberts' Shantaram. Many are the quiet tears I've shed while deeply engrossed on my 90 minute commute by bus and tube to work.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

I too am looking forward to The Shadow of the Silk Road. Hopefully I will get it read by Christmas. Not too keen on reading Shantaram, however: I have political objections to doing so.

11:56 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Share?

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment