January 09, 2008

Science workshop

When I was at secondary school, I had loads of free periods (didn't everyone?). I spent some of them in an empty classroom known as the Learning Centre (noble title, with little to offer), which contained a computer available for general use. I liked to use this computer because even such simple applications as a word processor were very interesting for me. It was a general access machine, so I stored my documents in a folder on the desktop with the most boring name I could imagine - "Science Workshop".

I would love to write more but my internet keeps falling off. Check flickr for photos of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and Tuscany. Lots more to come, but our crappy Orange connection isn't cooperating just now. Not to worry, I'll have a free evening sometime next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger limegreen said...

That's great. I still do something similar when I'm stashing files to run my experimental programs on public use computers. They are usually concealed in a directory something like C:/Settings/GLM/
Not quite as good as 'Science Workshop' though!

12:31 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Where GLM means.. something? Nothing?

11:29 am  
Blogger limegreen said...

pretty much nothing. it could stand for generalised linear model. Sometimes I used random other things like ws32 (no meaning). all pretty random really.

1:33 am  

Post a Comment