June 22, 2004

to rock or not...

I've got good intentions of seeing Voodoo Savage and His Savages tonight at Indigo, but knowing me and my habits of late I may not be able to hang in there. I didn't manage it last week for All the Pretty Horses... but I will be there next week to catch Hot Swiss Mistress. They've got three new songs!! (Dunno if they'll play 'em all though. I'll post the flyer a bit closer to the day.)

Anyway, I hear it's the Savages' second-to-last gig before their bass player Dain moves to Japan. Awww... Makes my resolve to avoid an early night a little stronger.

Last night I found myself in front of the tv during American Idol. (I was ironing. Ugh. I hardly ever do ironing, but it doubles my work wardrobe when I do.) To my shock I saw Quentin Tarantino is one of the judges!! It transpired that a discussion had already gone down earlier in my flat as to whether Mr T has "sold out" or not. I dunno... but I'm not terribly impressed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

I haven't had a chance to have a look at the link you sent me yet. (Thanks!) Maybe tonight.

Last night I had a tantrum. It was a bummer for all in the vicinity...

But I made it to Voodoo Savage and His Savages! They rock. Lots of encores, winding up at last with a (second) gravelly grunting rendition of 'Cannibal'. Awesome. Can it really be their last gig?

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment