May 16, 2005

I didn't go to Nick Cave but

another brooderNick Cave was here last weekend. Joanna went to see him in Wellington, and Barry went to see him in Auckland.

I didn't go, but I did have the pleasure of dashing past him at the airport on Friday. I rounded the corner past Whitcoulls and there he was, white shirt and sunglasses, swished back hair and pale face, walking past me. My eyes followed him as recognition dawned and then he was gone, and I gasped like a proper fan girl. Oh, excitement! But I was late, so I kept walking, and then I saw children grasping at Anton Oliver who was patiently giving out autographs.

It was quite an eventful departure.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

He's amazing innee?

One of my fave songs is even called 'Nick Cave Dolls' (by Bongwater).

Saw him live years an' years agooo. I think he'd been touring his 'Let Love In' album. Hmmm... i wasn't so keen on the next couple so much, though...

Still, a bad Nick Cave album is still better than most peoples.

S.

5:16 pm  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

it's a shame you didn't just grab him and plant a big ol' sloppy kiss.
how many chances would you get to do that in a life? maybe 3 or 4?
;)

2:11 pm  
Blogger llew said...

I'm still going through the children grasping link wondering where the reference to children grasping is...

and Toni Marsh is kind of hot.

And I knew it was Audie Murphy without even googling it - he also starred in a (shitty) remake of Destry Rides Again. he was more wooden than thunderbirds. He was however, the most decorated war hero of WWII.

And do you guys discuss music on that music forum?

And no way do I believe that about John Campbell...

and I'm only part way through...

5:38 am  
Blogger llew said...

Oh.. 2 comments down & I found it. And no way was Anton Oliver awesome live.

5:39 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Sometimes we talk about music... It's pretty much open season in 'the bar', but there's usually a tenuous link :)

5:45 am  
Blogger llew said...

I enjoyed it. By all means feel free to consult me on any old movie issues.

I have all sorts of irrelevant shit in my brain.

Although I can't recall what Audie's biopic was called "To Hell & Back" or something. And it's a point of pride that I won't llok it up... He's best forgotten anyway. They used to show it on TV on sunday afternoons here. Far too regularly.

5:59 am  

Post a Comment