December 17, 2005

Cassette at the Odeon



Because he knows he can do so on five seconds' notice, Blink had asked me to work the door for Friday's gig, but because I'm lazy even though I wanted to help, I enlisted my trusty brother to do the business. And everyone was happy!

There were a few people at the Odeon Lounge when I arrived around 9pm, and people started pouring in around 10pm to see opening act Teen Wolf. It was the second time I'd seen them and I liked them but I found them a bit hectic for the close and intimate surrounds of the Odeon. Maybe I wasn't drunk enough. But good times, and still the people came. I was pleased to catch up with some cool folks and meet some new friends too.

Connan and the Mockasins did their thing next, and did it well! They're crazy. There were people being turned away at the door by this time. Am I the only person who didn't know the Odeon used to be a funeral parlour? The demographic was in your face like nothing else and this was very apparent by the time Cassette took the stage, with much of the hipster scenestars moving on to someplace else. This was something of a relief ('What A Relief,' I thought) cos it meant I could approach the stage without being overwhelmed by the hell of other people. Heh. That meant I could get out my camera and attempt some representations. It's been ages since I took gig photos. Yep, still not into using the flash, either.







There's one or two more on flickr.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

HIGH-FIVE for no flash. I hope you use your zooming abilities too, rather than shoving your camera in their face.

That would make you a nice photographer. The best kind.

8:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy Jessie, I'm in Thailand checking your blog for the first time in ages. Looks great! FLy to London tonight. The cold will kill me. Take care

3:36 am  

Post a Comment