December 03, 2005

Freedom of speech

Who doesn't love free texting weekends?

Thought so. Nobody. It's a funny thing, though. Now that it's free, there's little excuse for not getting in touch - it's like when email was new, and everyone wrote loads of emails, but then we all lapsed into the usual state of apathy.

It's been an odd weekend for texting. (And it's only Saturday). First up, I've had texts from someone I'd never in a million years expect to get a text from. As was required of me, I put on my facilitator hat, and did a good deed. 'Good' in the present tense, anyway. Time will tell.

Second, texts from someone I'd written off a ways back. Someone with doubtful intentions. Interesting, but no thanks.

Third, I replied to some texts that I'd had trouble with a couple of weeks ago. A bit slow, yes - but something had to be said. I'm not that strong. And yes, I am still cryptic. It's the only way I know how to be.

And fourth, an absence of texts.

Now, obscurity aside, I'm off to the Civic to see the Little Bushmen and Dave Dobbyn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'd send you a gratuitous text, but I don't know what your number is.

Which may be a good thing.

10:13 am  
Blogger miss_seph said...

HI JSY! HW R U 2DAY? CNSDR THS MY RNDM TXT 2 U CZ I DNT HV UR # ITHA.

God I hate when people write in textlish. :-)

10:54 pm  
Blogger llew said...

The concept of texting sounds awesome to me, but I'm too long sighted to be able to read the screen & the letters on the buttons.

11:40 pm  

Post a Comment