November 03, 2005

Five To One



I just finished reading 'No One Here Gets Out Alive' - a biography of Jim Morrison by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugerman. It was a great read and of course I've been revisiting the Doors' music in my collection, and rediscovering the poetry in the lyrics and the theatrical nature of the music itself.

When I saw the Oliver Stone movie I found Jim to be a bit unpredictable. That was when I was an uncertain 16 year old, and I guess after reading the book, in which he's portrayed much more endearingly, I can see that that was his point. And what a ladies' man!

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of lights?
Or just another lost angel?

- Jim Morrison, LA Woman

2 Comments:

Blogger Herge Smith said...

To be fair though, he did come across as an insufferably pretentious nob, but the Doors music was heavenly. (even Soft Parade, which is most underrated).

10:32 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

I was in Melbourne again last week (late Jan 06) and this image was still there... just a bit faded.

10:56 pm  

Post a Comment