March 29, 2007

sleeping on the floor

I have spent loads of money at Kathmandu lately (THANKS DAD!!).

To wit:

- 1x Odyssey std sleeping bag, willow/green
- 1x std silk sleeping bag liner, charcoal
- 1x sleeping bag storage bag
- 1x std 3.8cm self-inflating mattress, royal red
- 1x packaway rain jacket, black
- 1x LED head torch (GEEK!)
- 1x ultra deluxe toilet bag, petrol
- 1x money belt, black (no flesh tones for me, thanks very much)

Now I just need a large quick-dry towel, and I'll be set.

I bought most of the above on last Saturday afternoon, then was caught up with baking, sausage sizzling, being somewhat dismayed by the New York Dolls (call me ignorant), hanging out with Rhys Lightning and then meeting some Belgian couchsurfers so there was no chance to break my new gear out of the plastic until around 3am. By this time I was a little inebriated, so when I tried out my sleeping situation complete with bag, liner and mattress, I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow! There was some confusion when I woke up a few hours later. But I guess the important thing is that it was comfy.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shit, you've just made me realise i have done nothing about my trip coming up. i better book flights to borneo, and a hostel somewhere and sort out vaccines and what to do with my house... argh. nothing of the organisation i had first time round.

2:57 pm  
Blogger Tomatohead said...

Dude, coming from a multi LED headlamp/torch household, you CAN'T go wrong! The only thing you need to worry about is blinding your travel partner. I salute your gear choices.
Tricia

6:31 pm  
Blogger Barry said...

I wish I'd taken a headlight LED light, or any sort of torch in fact, on my recent trip.

You know, those quick dry towels are over-rated. I thought about getting one to take with me, but ended up going to the Warehouse and buying a normal, albeit smallish, towel for $3. It did the job fine, and dried out pretty quick.

Now that you've got all the gear, that trip must be feeling pretty real.

12:37 pm  
Blogger Tomatohead said...

Yep. Agree with Barry re: towels.

5:13 pm  

Post a Comment