March 20, 2007

Earthrace; the Clean

Bad news regarding Earthrace today. I hope things turn out okay for them - it's hard to imagine they can continue with their record-breaking attempt with this latest setback. Nonetheless I am thinking positive thoughts. There can't be much for Ryan to film if they're confined to the boat.

Last night I saw the Clean (and SJD and Chris Knox) play. Earlier in the evening, I introduced myself to David Kilgour. I had a story for him, and it didn't take long to tell because he already knew it. Onstage (and off) they were so happy, it was a joy to see, particularly the stream of one-liners from Hamish. They were all in high spirits, perhaps due to the wigs. There was talk of when Blowfish Sushi was the Windsor, and I felt a little inauthentic, watching them play 'Anything Could Happen' and 'Fish' with Manga anime onscreen behind. But what can I do? I'm a child of the 80s.

UPDATE: Earthrace captain Pete Bethune has blogged the accident (and in more detail here), and Scott from the ground crew gives a thorough account from his perspective. I've had an email from Ryan, who sounds ok, with his usual requests for the dirt on my love life. I guess we'll find out more soon enough (about the boat that is).

UPDATE: news story on stuff today (22 March).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Lucky thing! :)

Any time I've dealt DK its always been lovely. Would love to meet him. Or even see The Clean, blimey..

6:41 pm  
Blogger limegreen said...

Ooh. That reminds me. Really must get my ticket for Friday. Joy. Joy. Happy.
J(LG)

2:36 am  
Blogger Barry said...

I don't think it was the wigs - they were still in high spirits in Oamaru last night, with no wigs in sight. Hamish did have a pirate's hat, but.

7:15 am  

Post a Comment