December 13, 2008

Christmas approaches

It's coming up to my second Christmas away from New Zealand. I think that this is a great thing! Last year I spent it in Tuscany with a wonderful group of friends. This year I will spend it in Paris. It's to be my first visit, and I'm quite looking forward to it.

A couple of weeks ago, Evania and I spent a weekend in Cologne checking out the magical Christmas markets. Here are a few images:









And if you're wondering what Cologne looks like, this is a close approximation:



More pictures of Cologne and the markets here. What else?

Last weekend I visited Butlins in Minehead, Somerset for All Tomorrow's Parties: the Nightmare Before Christmas. It was fantastic, lots of great acts including Isis, the Meat Puppets, Fantomas, the Melvins, the Butthole Surfers, Martina Topley-Bird, Mastodon... good weekend. Butlins is a very weird place.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tomatohead said...

Ooh, will the chocolate macaron replace the chocolate lamington?

Enjoy all the kitsch that is the No. Hemisphere Christmas!

6:18 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

T, if I wasn't so generally overindulged with chocolate products at this time of the year, I would weep for the lack of chocolate lamingtons. Even a raspberry one would be most welcome!

7:25 am  

Post a Comment