March 28, 2010

Spring forward

I'm just about to go to bed, but before I do, a few loosely related thoughts to share.

I've been using Remember The Milk for the last few weeks to get things done. It takes the place of last year's 'will do' lists, seeing as I've been largely digital lately - not even a paper diary yet this year. That is probably directly related to the fact that I haven't really been working for nigh on six months.

Just quietly, I've really enjoyed not working. I seem to be really good at it. That's about to change though, and I think it will be great to get back into it.



I'm in a change sort of mood. New year has come late for me, and I'm on the cusp of new beginnings - not to mention my 30th birthday. Along with the new career direction, I'm looking to develop a new attitude and really focus on myself for a change. Very often in the past I've made choices which have not been in my best interests and while the drama can be exciting, it's ultimately exhausting and unhealthy, even if it does make for a good story. My solution begins with rereading a book I first came across a couple of years ago: Dr Dan Baker's What Happy People Know, which promotes concepts of optimism, love and courage, as "qualities that propel us past pain".

I've got a few other ideas, and I'll share them soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment