May 30, 2005

*sniff*

Before I get into the angsting-about-winter part, Wellingtonians, you are hereby invited to casa mea this Saturday for my Goodbye Wellington party. Email me if you aren't a creepy stalker and I'll happily give you the password. ups yo Nick-o-love

Now, the semi-moaning part. See, I'm not sniffing about leaving Wellington - not entirely. No. Like every other person in the country, I've got a cold. A few weeks ago a friend made the sweeping generalisation that everyone is either breaking up, having a baby or has the flu. At the time I had a cold, and now I have an even worse one, so I tend to agree. Which one are you?

My codral dependency was getting too expensive and I have ongoing concerns about the state of my stomach lining, so today I went it alone. And what do you know, I soldiered on just the same! I sniffed, blinked and mouth-breathed my way through the day and it went by just like any other, apart from my nose being rubbed raw with evil sandpaper-tissues. My productivity topped the 5-hour mark, always an achievement, and my boss told me that he's impressed with my "positive attitude" - aww! As usual I was unsure how to respond to a compliment so - as usual - I changed the subject and asked him to write me a reference.

Wouldn't you know it, he told me to write it myself.

13 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

Yup, groany zombie mucous-y flu up in here too which I thought was pretty bad -- but given the other two options in your Trifecta of Horrors I think I'll gladly stick it out.

Cool poster. Now center align it, dammit.

11:58 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

I tried, I tried, I tried

12:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, the sun is shining and all is well with the world.

Have a good one Saturday.

1:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ergh, all flu ridden here, it's bad enough having to wipe one's own nose let alone that of two toddlers as well. Yes, kick the Codral, I don't reckon it makes you feel any better, just costs $20 a packet and makes everything slightly surreal! Hope you get better in time for the party...

10:22 pm  
Blogger llew said...

WHat do we do if we ARE a creepy stalker?

10:41 pm  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Being a creepy stalker, i'd like to take umbrage.

After all, think how boring and mundane your life would be without the imminent fear of me popping up from behind some hedge with my shiny sharp teeth, a meat-cleaver, a mortar and pestle, and wearing a Teletubby tee-shirt.

Just joking. I haven't been able to buy Teletubby t-shirts in my size ANYwhere!

Good luck with the moving, though. Give that Tam a paff on the shoulder from me when yer see her.

S.xx

PS: i nevah get colds.

1:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... i don't have a cold/flu... and chris and i are ridiculously happy...

oh my gosh! does that mean i'm pregnant????????

please no....

pretty sure that i am also an exception to this rule...

am dreading the thought of wellington without jessie, but i suppose i will have to learn to cope.

mlove

2:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got dumped... so that counts for a break up.

*sighs and goes back into her corner..*

7:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know if it quite counts as a break-up. More like the quashing of all light, life and promise from what was believed to be a blossoming... errr....Thing.

Yeah, just file me under "dumb men are stupid and dumb". ;)

5:14 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessie,
Moving to the 09 eh!? Why?, I'm moving up to Wellies in November and was hoping you would still be there. Alas, no. However, good luck and hope to hear from you soon,
Ryan

11:39 pm  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

Wish I could be there to celebrate with you! I'd love to be jetting off to Wellington, but my private jet it broken, see...

:)

12:00 am  
Blogger Pix said...

Very very cool night. Thank you. Good luck with your adventuring, I'll stay tuned.

1:11 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Thanks folks, it was pretty special huh... I had to go to ground afterwards, if my absence requires any explanation.

12:09 pm  

Post a Comment