June 26, 2005

Brrr.

Last night I ventured out to the wilds of K Rd, stopping by the Wine Cellar (briefly - unexpected doorcharge deterred further investigation), Verona (as you do), Opium (not on K Rd but we had an excuse) and finally Eden's bar, where the Accelerants were playing to a large and appreciative audience. Yay! Rock n roll! Great to see two Wellington bands (Connan and the Mockasins played too) getting such a good turnout. The Chandeliers were up from the capital as well, playing at the Ambassador with the Bloody Souls and some others, including DJ Andy Flyboy. Ups yo!

I have had a very dull and interminable Sunday. I left the house for a while and took a walk through the surrounding 'burbs, it was a nice clear day, but so cold! 3 degrees apparently.

Yesterday I was driving along the southern motorway and it was raining and then hailing so hard that I couldn't see anything and if I hadn't been stuck on the motorway I would have pulled over. Everyone was driving about 35 km/h but it was still quite scary and I'm glad I didn't have an accident.

4 Comments:

Blogger David said...

have you started work yet?

If so, how is it?

12:59 pm  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

winter does not rock&roll. although hail does rock a bit, but not in the fun sense.

2:26 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

David - not quite.. see my next post :)

Miss M - yes, I'm sure I would be more willing to get out of my pajamas if it wasn't so bloody cold!

11:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's mighty cold here too, back in Welly, everyone missing you and all. Was thinking of phoning you on Sunday and now see I should have! Love you, and take care on them thar roads.

7:30 am  

Post a Comment