June 07, 2005

Party

So there was this party at my house on Saturday. It went a little like this:

1800hrs Ange and I drive to the supey for supplies: a few dozen beers, ginger ale and milk (in case I decide to drink Kahlua).

1800hrs We can wait no longer to start the fire. Fire! Fiire! (Beavis/Butthead voice compulsory) In no time at all, the flat is toasty warm and I am able to have bare arms!!

1930hrs I decide to be sensible and make some dinner. We have virtually no food (must keep room in the fridge for beer) so dinner is vegetables in a tomato sauce on rice.

2000hrs The band turn up. There is a collective sigh of relief - until it transpires that they've been unable to locate the key to the practise rooms where the gear is stored. I'm so happy that they've turned up in good time that I refuse to let this worry me and continue to grin inanely - a trend I keep up most of the night.

2145hrs After much faffing (I assume) the band along with the help of Sam manage to access their gear. Set up ensues, along with a FAT sound system supplied by Jonah and lovingly administered by Joel.

2215hrs Suddenly the lounge is full of people. I am constantly hugging and greeting guests. It's great!

Times/events get a little hazy now. Permit me some artistic licence, if you will.

23--hrs The band start. My grin widens, if that's at all possible. It at this point that I switch from whiskey to beer. Joel had the styliest footwearIt is also at this point that my memory grows unreliable. Pretty much the remainder of the evening, aside from isolated incidents including several 'tours' of the house winding up in my room, ifyaknowhadimean, is a blur of music and faces and conversations and intoxicants and - at one point - a wee nap. Now some may state that I was MIA for several hours, but I maintain that this is a lie and that their memories are flawed.

To summarise, the band were wonderful, I was happy, and lots of people came. Thanks, everyone. You made my night.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, sounded like a hod-load of fun. And I read good reviews elsewhere too...

11:12 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Liked the telling.

9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wicked night! Sorry i didn't make it, all intentions were there, just got a wee bit carried away and ended up in all manner of crazy incidents, which i am too embarassed to say out loud. Good luck in AKL!!

10:38 pm  
Blogger Miramar Mike said...

Sounds like a blast. Still a shame you "have" to leave.

I assume the 'tours' and the MIA were linked :-)

5:05 am  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

Good god young woman. People arriving at 2215?? That is 5 hours beyond bed time in this neck of the woods.

I loved reading your party. I could almost smell it. Are people allowed to smoke indoors at parties these days? Cigarettes I mean. Obviously t'other.

7:54 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Martha, we relaxed the rules on smoking inside for the party. Actually, I'm the non-smoking nazi at my house - the others are quite happy to bend the rules at the drop of a hat. The place will go to the pack once I'm gone, mark my words.

Mike, I'm not sure what you're getting at ;)

Finally, I'd like to acknowledge that yes, I did have a Goodbye Wellington party and yes, I did fail to actually say goodbye to anyone. Good one Jess!!

10:00 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Also, have been meaning to link this, for the sake of convenience.

11:49 pm  
Blogger llew said...

You passed out? Hot damn, a great time was had.

And those are awesomeslippers.

3:45 am  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

I must know more about these bunny sock thingies...

2:44 am  
Blogger Barry said...

Heh - you missed out on an opportunity to make some dollars. Look what some enterprising person is doing:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Music-instruments/Concert-tickets/auction-29095541.htm

5:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sooo glad was over from Sydney for your Farewell Party,Hot Swiss Mistress rocked & so did the company.Best of luck with the move north xxx

7:56 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a great time, thanks Jesso, especially as it was [sadly yet happily] my first outing after dark for MANY months! Hmm, that sounds weird...anyway, really hope to see you before you fly away North.

8:39 pm  

Post a Comment