December 22, 2005

Minutes tick by

My last evening in Auckland. The one set aside to pack and sort out my life for the next week. What do I do? I spend all afternoon at a work Christmas lunch steadily imbibing and then I carry it through to night and find myself in Pakuranga of all places watching the first gig in the Summer Burn tour, featuring Deja Voodoo (I missed them!!), Steriogram and Elemeno P.

This set me back seriously this morning and now there are jobs leaping at me from all directions. I must gather cheques, pay bills, procure cashflow, go to Henderson!! and be home in time to meet my brother and my ride to Wanganui at 12:30pm. I won't even start on the negotiation required to track down my tape adapater so we can listen to ipod goodness as we travel southwards (urgent cellphone calls as I trekked to work, having left my car here last night).

So I'm pushing on with it, in slightly hungover fashion :)

Best wishes to all... see you in Gisborne, maybe.

3 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Greetings from the USA.

10:33 pm  
Blogger Miramar Mike said...

Have a cracking time in Gissie - loved ya posts this year and look forward to catching up with more next year

11:20 pm  
Blogger Miss Marisol said...

The work will get done...there are drinks to be had!

9:37 pm  

Post a Comment