March 02, 2008

why I hate paypal

Form Message: 29 Feb 2008
Customer Subject: Unable to open new account
Customer Message: 'I closed my NZ account because I now live in London, UK and I want to tie in my UK bank account with Paypal. After closing my NZ Paypal account I tried to open a new account, however I was prompted to enter my billing information. I tried to enter my new details, and this was rejected. I tried to enter my old information, and was told "You have already signed up with this user information". I tried calling the helpline, and had a deeply frustrating conversation with a robot, was supposedly transferred to an Agent, and the call was cut off before I could speak with a human about the problem. PLEASE HELP!'

from webform@paypal.co.uk
to jesstherese@gmail.com
date 2 Mar 2008 00:22
subject Re: MyAccount

Dear Jessie ,

Thank you for contacting PayPal my name is Tin, and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your concerns.

First of all, my apologies for the delay that you have experienced in hearing back from PayPal Customer Support. This delay is the result of high volume of incoming email inquiries lately. We are working as quickly as we can to address all of your concerns in a timely manner and to get our volumes under control.

I understand that you are having difficulties in opening a new account.

In as much as I want to help you regarding this matter, Please note that the email address you have contacted us from is not confirmed in your PayPal account. In order to maintain the security of your PayPal account, we can only send account specific information to confirmed email addresses.

Since the information regarding [agents to insert the customer's query] is account specific, please contact us from the email address that has been confirmed in your PayPal account.

Alternatively, please follow the directions below to submit your query through secure webform:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.co.uk/.

2. Click 'Contact Us'.

3. Click 'Contact Customer Service'.

4. Under the 'Choose a Topic,' select the topic for your query.

5. Under the 'Choose a Subtopic,' select the subtopic that best fits your query.

6. Enter your question in the 'Summarise your question in one sentence.' box.

7. Click 'Continue'.

8. Please complete the form provided.

9. Click 'Continue'.

Your inquiry will be submitted to PayPal customer support and a customer support agent will respond to your inquiry shortly. Thank you for your cooperation.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We highly value the trust customers like you place on us. Rest assured that we always give our best to provide you with excellent, secured services.

Feel free to contact us again if you have other enquiries and we look forward to doing business with you again. Thank you for your time and patience on this matter.

Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,

Tin
PayPal European Services
PayPal, an eBay Company

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insane. I hate when it's evident that the person answering your query appears not to understand in the slightest what you are talking about.

Email response software (like Kana, which PayPal were using many years ago when their call centre was all Okies) is supposed to suggest appropriate replies... but often this leads to the situation you've experienced, where you just get sent some unhelpful cookie-cutter email instead.

6:10 pm  
Blogger M said...

If you're still having trouble, you can try +35314369001 which I believe is their Dublin contact number which puts you through to a human customer service line after a brief automated message. Just found and used it myself and found them quite helpful.

2:31 pm  

Post a Comment