April 24, 2008

Living the dream

It's my birthday in two days' time, and I'm excited to be heading off on a much-anticipated adventure. Tomorrow, Anzac Day, I fly out of Heathrow's Terminal 5. That's not supposed to be the adventurous part. I land in Zurich mid-afternoon, where I intend to wander around a bit before hopefully meeting up with Steve, whom I got to know across the bar at Indigo, now known as the San Francisco Bathhouse.

I've tired myself out attempting to budget in foreign currencies, still a bit sore from last night's excess. Must remember, large dinner of sashimi counts for naught in the face of a beer and wine assault. It was a great evening out with Jo and Erica, in honour of my birthday and providing the perfect opportunity to catch up with the girls.

Not long after I meet Steve, I will meet Jason, and Jeff and Maurice. Jakob! The subsequent days will take me through France, Belgium and the Netherlands. I think. There and back again! That's the loose plan. I'm taking my camera, and some t-shirts. That should do it.

No more dreaming for this one. I was shaken awake, which I didn't like, but what can you do? Keep walking.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

I'm so excited for your trip! I look forward to photos and stories. Such a shame the boys aren't making it to the UK...

But have an awesome time!

12:23 am  
Blogger Tomatohead said...

Rock and roll, Darlin'! Grrrrrrrr.
What an adventure and Happy Birthday!

5:42 am  
Blogger Alison said...

Happy soon-to-be Birthday! Have a great time on your travels and have some bier and bitterballen in the Netherlands!

-indigo_jones

2:54 pm  

Post a Comment