May 03, 2009

A few words

I feel muted. I miss the craft of writing. Is it really the tube that's to blame for a lack of space in the time of my life?

I found some old posts (including this picture of Kai Iwi beach, taken two years ago, two months before I left the country) and I no longer know where they came from. I want to know. It makes me miss home. Of course it does.

It was my birthday last week; I am fortunate. Today I walked and walked with my sister Megan. We circled amongst crowds at Borough Market, admiring and sampling fine fine foods. Across Tower Bridge we walked, then explored the Tower of London. I compared the portraits of Henry VIII in the Dressed to Kill exhibition with those of him in my head, and Jonathan Rhys Meyer. I'm one episode away from finishing season one of Michael Hirst's series. We walked some more, to Gordon's on Villiers St, where we drank fine wine and ate a lot of cheese.

This evening, we drank Banrock Station cabernet sauvignon and tried to watch Withnail & I, only the dvd was faulty. Thanks HMV sale..ah well. Five episodes of Spaced season one hit the spot. Always does!

I have listened to The Presets' Talk Like That three times in the last hour. Some other stuff too. Great track!

I procrastinate from sleeping. I don't know why. It is a recent development.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Tugs said...

Hey you.
I love the way you write. I am going to make a concerted effort to start doing it properly again. Thanks for the inspiration.

2:03 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

Aw thank you! I would like to do so as well but I think I'd let myself down if I made any promises.

9:43 pm  

Post a Comment