May 31, 2010

Weeknote #2

at home
Mathieu and Martial returned from holiday on Monday, so our little flat of foreigners was briefly complete before I took off for Barcelona mid-afternoon on Wednesday, returning last night. On my bus home from London Bridge, I got chatting to a lady who was also returning from a festival in Spain, and learned that she is a burlesque dancer. I was intrigued but didn't have the chance to learn more!

Today being a bank holiday I made a rash call and visited Ikea... fast forward through negotiating a minicab home, the painful one-step-at-a-time of getting the thing up to my flat, and then building using nothing but a bread knife - and I have a lovely blue Billy bookcase. It really ties the room together.

at work
Following a weekend punctuated by late nights online testing ahead of a project launch, I was pleased to have five days more or less offline. There are a few challenges ahead this week. Still on the upside I should hopefully get paid.

out'n'about
Barcelona! I've just had a fantastic weekend at Primavera Sound in Barcelona, and I'll post further on that during the week.

future happenings
This week I have got two Pixies concerts. If you're going, it's possible you'll see me on the other end of my iphone, scanning ticket barcodes. There is talk of seeing Thee Oh Sees at The Luminaire this Saturday; they were very entertaining at Primavera Sound on the weekend.

I just finished reading John Harris' Dark Side Of The Moon - have I mentioned my current obsession with Pink Floyd? I'm just about ready for a new album... think it'll be Wish You Were Here, or possibly Piper At The Gates Of Dawn - think it's time I checked out the Barrett era. Today I bought tickets for Roger Waters: The Wall, live at the O2... just have to wait eleven and a half months for it.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Paul said...

"building using nothing but a bread knife"

This is brilliant!

3:13 am  

Post a Comment