January 07, 2005

Keeping it Real

Rumours of a most bizarre and perplexing nature have come to light – implicating me! If that wasn’t bad enough, it appears there’s some sort of expectation for me to offer a voice to the discussion. Discussion?! Character assassination! Starfucker indeed. It would seem that some people need a reality check, stat.

I don’t know where it’s come from. Supernatural forces? The stars? The weather?! Whatever - it seems that sexual politics are the order of the day. I’m not sure if I’m just being hypersensitive – but I look around and there's a decided tint of rose in the air... Boundaries are being stretched and limits tested. It's playing with fire.

It doesn’t make it any easier when one’s peers insist on splashing intimate details of one’s escapades about the place in an indiscriminate fashion. Quite aside from the hoopla caused by a casual drink between friends, the aforementioned politics rearing up all around has left me scratching my head. Confusion reigns. Maddening, isn’t it.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Goodness!

Is it something they're putting in the N.Z. water supply?

After reading the links, i hereby vow never to slag anyone off on my blog, ever! Not even in jest... unless i can get away with a few good and cheap laughs with my predeliction for generalizations...

Um, what is a starfucker?

I always take everything i read with a pinch of salt, these days, and ignore those without a sense of the ridiculous...

S.x

PS. gratitude =}

2:21 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Wow, Jo, you've given me an idea for my blog! I'll invent an occasional celeb diary, where I'M totally famous and namedrop to my hearts content! it'll be fabulous! I'll have Elton John and his husband round for tea and cake and a display of bumming... then The White Stripes having a fistfight in me lounge... then perhaps i'll have King Arthur sneakily beheading a very pissed George (W.) Bush in the kitchen. No limits!

"DAhling!" i'll say in my pseudo-luvvie voice. "I'l need a mop for that!"

And then i'll call my butlers, 'Wank' and 'Lucy' in to tidy up the mess and discreetly dispose of the corpse, because it sooo clashes with the potplants...

Oh yeaaah!!!

S.x

love for you, Jo! In fact, love for everyone! I'm in a good mood! And such a hot beyotch today.

5:22 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Ah, sorry i can't delete that last post, Jessie... i guess some words just don't look right in certain situations. Bye for now.

S.

6:12 am  

Post a Comment