January 03, 2005

NYE and Beyond

It began with indecision, and it ended with a clear message. New Year means New Year! Time to put 2004 in its place and move on.

After bailing on the original plan to head to the 'Naki, I went to Indigo with some friends. The Fanatics were playing when we arrived. The lighting guy must have been on acid. I could barely look at the stage! I didn’t pay a lot of attention, but I’m sure they played adequately.

As the countdown was counted, I rushed out of the bathroom by ‘1’ but I didn’t really feel like pashing any randoms. Luckily there was no danger of that. Beer was drunk, shit was talked, and I didn’t dance a single song. Somehow just about the entire four-five hours I spent at Indigo were all whiled away in the green room. I know! The pretension!

By 6pm, January 2, I was ready to contemplate eating again. I ushered in the New Year with a King Kebab. Not bad, but not as good as if I’d got it on the way home on the 1st.

So I thought I’d make some resolutions. But first, a review of last year’s. They were:
  1. When drinking beer and whiskey, drink water as well.
  2. At the pub on weekdays, leave the premises by 1, unless about to score.
  3. Take care with tobacco.
I have not been drinking much whiskey lately, in fact my rather large bottle of Johnny Walker Red has been mostly useful at keeping my wardrobe door propped open lately. So that seems like a tick for number one. (Let’s be generous, okay?)

Number 2 hasn’t really been a problem either, because what with my new commercial slave lifestyle, I don’t seem to go out nearly as much as when I was a mere corporate drone. So making an effort to leave a bar by 1am is no longer an issue. As for the exception – scoring? Let alone on a schoolnight? Perish the thought!

This is going well.

Finally, number 3; somewhat related to number 16 in the list, and my predilection for All Things European (see number 24). You fill in the gaps. It’s going a little better since I moved house. I tend to turn a blind eye, as with other things… I’m going to work on that this year.

Now for 2005:
  1. Hydration is the key.
  2. Stay out of overdraft. Employ sense with regard to credit cards. (Since when did that become a plural, anyway?!)
  3. Engage the brain prior to action with more regularity. Really. Really.
  4. Meet a boy who epitomises Colin-Firth-as-Mr-Darcy, or (possibly better?!) Angel. And who is competent. Mmmhm. Let's leave that one alone for now.
  5. Actually listen to new music now and then. Act on recommendations. Employ the maxim ‘If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all,’ except when reviewing music.
Pretty modest, really.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the word you're after is 'resolving'.

WC

10:18 am  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Hey! what about combining the two and have Resovolting?

Revoltiluting? Resolutivolving?

By the way, yr both wrong, but, i do like resoluting better...

hrr hrr

S.

1:49 am  
Blogger Jessie said...

Heeheee regarding the Firth one take a look at this. Via somewhere I forget.

2:42 am  

Post a Comment