February 09, 2006

Watching

I watched 'Coffee and Cigarettes' the other day, and then a second time a few days later. My favourite vignette is the one of William Rice and Taylor Mead. I love the way Taylor suggests they pretend their coffee is champagne. "A toast to Paris in the 20s..." He's great! And then later, he's confused about what's going on - "We're on a break?"
Via the effusive google I discovered that Taylor, who was born in 1924, is a poet and became associated with Andy Warhol in the 60s. A poet - of course.

Last night I saw 'The Constant Gardener', which I thought was great. (It's a shame I don't seem to be capable of more insightful opinion when it comes to movies. Call me lazy.) I liked Rachel Weisz, and doesn't Ralph Fiennes play that character well? I was reminded of 'The English Patient', even though I can't quite remember what that was about. Apart from that it was rather heart-breaking.

Now, I've got 1068 minutes of the first season of Lost to get through asap. Hope it rains this weekend... but only during the day. I want to check out the Chinese Lantern Festival.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Capewell said...

Coffee and Cigarettes was great, you just reminded me :) Its a neat project, if a little bit dry. The characters are cool and it has Jack'n'Meg for the indiekids.

I'm gonna dig it out and watch it again later; for this, I thank you.

Lost is less appealing to me - I did watch the whole of season one, and started to download season two, but series like that, 24, West Wing, I NEVER stick to. I get bored. I'm rubbish.

Paul

12:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Coffee and Cigarettes when I was REALLY badly stoned and the whole thing was lost on me. I was so confused. It was quite distressing.

9:52 am  

Post a Comment