July 14, 2010

Podcast Wednesday

I listen to podcasts while I'm running, mostly because they help me forget that I'm running and also because they are interesting and educational. Lately, thanks to a recommendation from my friend Bex, I've been working my way through the BBC series A History Of The World In 100 Objects. It's great, and I'm pretty sure that it's going to inspire me to finally make a trip to visit the British Museum. I can see museum's incredible curved glass roof from my window, and I often each lunch in the front courtyard - but still I haven't yet crossed the threshold.

This morning I took a break from 100 Objects to listen to this week's Outriders. It's another BBC podcast, this time looking at pioneers at the frontiers of the online world. Jamillah spoke with Eileen Gittins, CEO of self publishing book site Blurb. The premise of Blurb is great, and even better with the charitable possibilities of Blurb for Good, which means individuals and groups can create and sell books at very low cost and donate the proceeds.

I'm not sure if these podcasts are accessible from outside of the UK - it's not immediately apparent on their web pages. If you're in the UK, do check them out - and if you're not, perhaps you could give them a try and let me know how you get on?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Paul said...

Thanks for the tip - I hadn't heard of Outriders before. I need all the podcasts I can get as I am commuting for the next four weeks!

3:40 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

I think you'll enjoy it.

10:35 am  

Post a Comment