March 12, 2006

sweet

I was going to call this post "short and sweet" but that's such a cliche, a boring cliche in fact and I thought it would be a good point to make to just call it "sweet", since that's even shorter, and sweeter still since there's no distraction.

It seems that short posts are better than no posts, and thus I am writing something now rather than thinking about it for thirty seconds while trawling 'Lost' websites (j/k! honest!) and pondering what to eat for dinner.

The sweet part is that when she picked me up to leave Auckz for a weekend in Kurutau (on the south-west edge of Lake Taupo) Juliet gave me a large number of starburst anacondas along with a half-box of kit-kats. "Thank you," I groaned. Ru does this to me again and again. She knows I will happily dispose of any sugar-laden treats, which she avoids due to her good sense and her mother's dental nurse sensibilities.

So far I'm doing pretty well ignoring the box in the corner of my room. Considering I just spent the weekend quaffing wine and eating olives, fine cheeses and barbecued treats, I hardly need to eat ever again.

If there's any confusion as to why such a box of treats could pose a problem, may I refer you to this post, still close to entirely relevant. But I have one small victory to report: I haven't smoked in an entire month. That's right: NO SMOKING. I hardly know myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I had no idea about your smoking. I hardly know you! ;)

5:41 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm impressed, a lot! It's gotta make things easier with all those lovely smoke-free bars in NZ :D

9:14 pm  
Blogger Jessie said...

I suppose. I haven't smoked cigarettes for nigh on five years now. Well.. see number 15 in the list.

I should point out I totally appreciate smoke-free bars.

6:33 am  

Post a Comment